Each year PRFSD makes charitable donations to ten food banks and/or backpack pgrograms in the amount of $250 each.
It is our intention to assist small, local food banks (ie/churches, small community organizations) and backpack/weekend food programs as they work directly with our students.
PRFSD contributed to the following organizations this year:
1. Randy Walker, Riverside Beaver SD, District Backpack Program
2. Allison Kimmel, Indiana County Community Action Program, Marion Center Backpack Program
3. Dawn Basinger, Connellsville Area SD, CMS Backpack Program
4. Melissa Schad, Avonworth SD, Blessings in a Backpack
5. Troy Golden, Albert Gallatin SD, Whitehouse Free Methodist Church
6. Marie Popatak, West Middlesex Area SD, Parent Resource Group Students for Charity
7. Robin Hedlund, North East SD, North East Community Food Pantry
8. Sharon Berger, Keystone Central SD, Central Mountain HS Backpack Program
9. Christie Leininger, Moon Area SD, West Hills Food Pantry
10. Vicki Capone, Southmoreland SD, Center Bethel Church Backpack Program